Friday, June 8

friday {flashback}

Do you remember Kalkitos?

For the uninitiated, Kalkitos were around in the 1970s and early 80s.  They're a little crafty game set thingamabob.  Got it?

Okay, more explanation required.  It contained a printed background scene and a sheet of transferrable images.  You positioned the transfer sheet onto the printed scene, rubbed the image like crazy, and voila! You have a little story all of your own.

I used to LOVE them.  I clearly remember a Scooby Doo Kalkito that mum got for me when I was about six or seven.  For some reason she had to use a laundromat and she bought me the Kalkito to keep me occupied.  I was in HEAVEN!

Today curiosity got the better of me and I discovered that Kalkitos are back!

image from http://www.kalkitos.sg/categories/k-city/










Imma getting me some of that Kalkito action!  Might even get some for the kids...

What used to knock your kiddie socks off?

2 comments:

  1. wotisunique11:50 AM

    I remember these (and loved them) but didn't know their name. Great for car trips too... Might just have to chase some up.

    I was mad on reading. I remember having a snake that was part of the rubik's cube phase. Yoyos also had a time in the sun. Elastics (remember playing elastics?!) and skipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't remember the snake?! But yes, the Rubik's cube, yo-yos, elastics, skipping... ahhh those were the days :) We had a special yo-yo performance group that came to our school to show us tricks and they handed out Coke & Fanta yo-yos! Didn't strike me as odd then but now ... o_O

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.